Stir fried chili pork is a very common dish in China. It’s a good choice to improve appetite. I personally like spicy dishes, yet my husband doesn’t. So I changed this dish to a not-so-spicy one.
Pork cut into slices. (Better choose pork with a bit fat on it, it won’t taste very dry).
Green chili and red chili
Light soy sauce 1 1/2 tsp
Oyster sauce 1 tsp
Sugar 2 tsp
Water 2 tsp
1. Heat a little oil in the pan. Turn to medium high heat.
2. When the pan is very hot, put all the pork slices in. Quickly separate them and sear them into curly and a bit brown.
3. Move pork to the side of the pan. Add in chopped onion and chili. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Mix pork with chili & onion together. Stir fry for 1-2 mins.
5. Add in light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and 2 tsp water. Stir fry evenly for another 2-3 mins or till water dries up.
6. Sprinkle salt to season.