Salty Fried Chicken ( Chinese name is 盐酥鸡) is a famous dish from Taiwan, I think.
1. Cut 1 piece of chicken breast into one-bite size. Put them in a bowl. Add in 1 tsp salt, 2 minced garlic, 2 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp white pepper. Mix well and marinate for 20 mins.
2. Prepare flour paste:
1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp white pepper and water.
Make them into paste.
3. Put marinated chicken into flour paste.
4. In another bowl, mix corn starch and flour. Ratio should be 2:1.
5. Heat oil in deep pot. Dip chicken in flour starch mixture.
6. Deep fry till golden brown.
If you want chicken to be more crispier, you can fry one more time.
7. Drain the fried chicken. Add a handful basil in oil. Fry for around 30 seconds.
8. Mix 1/4 tsp salt with 1 tsp white pepper. Sprinkle seasoning over fried chicken.
Taste really crispy.