Yu Xiang Rou Si is a famous Sichuan dish. It’s Chinese name is 鱼香肉丝, because 肉丝 sounds like Rose. Many Chinese people joke its English name should be Yu Xiang Rose. 🙂
1. Cut pork into shreds. Put them in a bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cooking wine, 1 tsp salt and 1 tablespoon corn starch. Mix well and let them marinate for a little while.
2. Prepare the sauce:
2 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tsp salt and 1 tablespoon corn starch.
Mix all the ingredients above in a small bowl.
3. Heat a pan. Add in some oil ( a little more than usual). When oil is hot, add shredded pork in. Quickly separate them and fry them till white and cooked. The set them aside.
4. Same pan. Add a little oil if needed. Heat it. Sauté chopped garlic and ginger. Then add in 1 tablespoon Sichuan pixian soy sauce. Stir fry till aromatic.
5. Add in shredded carrot, black fungus. Stir fry till vegetables softens.
6. Add shredded pork in. Pour in sauce. Stir fry to mix well and reduce sauce. Add in shredded green chili. Stir fry for another 2 mins.
Ready to serve.