Don’t know why I am so obsessed with spicy kimchi recently. There happens to be a radish in the fridge, so I decide to make radish kimchi by myself.
1. Prepare a radish. Mine is about 250g. Peel it and chop it into small cubes. Place them in a big bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt. Leave it there for 1 hour. Drain them, because a lot of water will come out from the radish.
2. Put 1 pear (core removed), 8-10 cloves of garlic, 10g ginger into blend. Blend them till very smooth.
3. Add chili powder (according to your taste) to the pear paste and stir well.
4. Put all the radish in a big bowl, add add in chopped spring onion. Then pour the paste into the bowl. Toss a bit to mix them well.
5. Prepare a jar or a container. Boil in water first to be sterilized. Dry it. Put radish kimchi into it. Lid on but don’t close too tight. Leave it there for several hours to ferment. Then close tightly and store in the fridge.