It’s a dish that I have wanted to try for a long time. It’s a time-consuming soup, which requires 5 hours. But I guarantee you its cooking method is simple and the soup is very nice.
- Prepare the ox tail. Wash them in water to rinse off the blood.
- Put all the ox tail into a deep pot. Add in enough water covers the tail.
- Turn to high heat. Bring it to boil. Take all the oxtail out. Wash in water again. To remove all the dirt.
- Place all the oxtail into the pot again. This time, add in much more water, cos we need to cook it for hours.
- High heat first, skim the soup to remove all the dirt. Turn to low heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, skim the soup again to remove the fat.
- Lid on and simmer for another 1 hour.
- Prepare white radish and cut into chunks. Put all the radish into the soup. Simmer for another 1 hour. Radish will absorb the flavor.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
After 4 hours cooking, the meat can easily fall off the bone. Very soft and juicy.
Sprinkle some green onion to garnish.
Don’t know why I am so obsessed with spicy kimchi recently. There happens to be a radish in the fridge, so I decide to make radish kimchi by myself.
1. Prepare a radish. Mine is about 250g. Peel it and chop it into small cubes. Place them in a big bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt. Leave it there for 1 hour. Drain them, because a lot of water will come out from the radish.
2. Put 1 pear (core removed), 8-10 cloves of garlic, 10g ginger into blend. Blend them till very smooth.
3. Add chili powder (according to your taste) to the pear paste and stir well.
4. Put all the radish in a big bowl, add add in chopped spring onion. Then pour the paste into the bowl. Toss a bit to mix them well.
5. Prepare a jar or a container. Boil in water first to be sterilized. Dry it. Put radish kimchi into it. Lid on but don’t close too tight. Leave it there for several hours to ferment. Then close tightly and store in the fridge.
You can choose green radish as well.
1. Grate white radish into shreds.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pot. Sauté dried shrimp, and chopped ginger. Then add in white radish shreds. Stir fry for a little while.
3. Pour in 2 cups hot water. Bring to boil.
4. Prepare 1/2 cups flour. Add in water while stir to make small lumps.
5. Add flour lumps into the soup. Stir to avoid sticking to the pot. Simmer for 2-3 mins.
6. Pour in 1 or 2 beaten eggs. Stir a bit.
7. Season with salt and sprinkle chopped spring onion.
Serve with 2 drops of sesame oil.