Recently, I was very stressful. When I feel stressful, I usually use food to reduce my pressure. And also I will feel like having meat, no matter chicken, pork or beef. It will be helpful as long as I eat meat.
This time, I want to cook a whole chicken for lunch. But I’ve done roasted chicken for numerous times. I need to cook chicken in a new way. Then the soy sauce chicken came to my mind.
- Prepare 1 whole chicken. Mine is about 800g. Put it in a big bowl. Drizzle in a little oil and light soy sauce. Rub the chicken with sauce both inside and outside. Then let it marinate for 20 mins.
- Prepare 3 stalks of spring onion and several ginger slices.
- Brush rice cooker’s bottom with oil. Then spread spring onion and ginger at the bottom.
- Lie the chicken over spring onion and ginger.
- Pour in 1/2 cup light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce and 3/4 cup water. Also add in 2-3 tbsp sugar.
- Lid on and press the button. When cooking is done, Don’t open the lid immediately. Let it stay for another 10 mins.
- Flip the chicken over and repeat the step 6.
I must say that chicken is very tender and juicy .
I accidentally broke the chicken skin. Because it’s so tender that the chicken leg can fall off easily.
Perfect to go with rice. And of course, My husband loved it very much.