This is one of the dishes that I want to try for a long time. With a pressure cooker, it will be a lot easier.
- Prepare a lotus root. Mine is about 700g. Peel it. Cut two ends at about 3-5 cm. Don’t throw them away.
- Wash sticky rice and drain them. I used about 1/2 cup.
- Fill the lotus root hole with sticky rice. This step needs patience and time. You can use chopsticks to help you with it.
- After that, put the two cut-off ends back and fix them with toothpicks firmly.
- Put lotus root into pressure cooker. Add in enough water covers it or at least 3/4 of it.
- Cook under higher pressure for 30 mins.
- Cut 6 big red dates into slices and remove the seed. Also prepare 30g rock sugar cubes.
- After 30 mins. Add red dates and sugar into the pressure cook and cook under high pressure for another 20 mins.
- Take the lotus root out. Remove all the toothpicks. Let it cool down and cut into slices.
- The red date water is delicious. You can also use some to get thickened sauce. And glaze the dish.
Lotus root is very soft and so is sticky rice.