- Prepare a big eggplant. Cut into pieces. Put them in a big bowl. Sprinkle salt over them and leave it there for about 15 mins. Water will come out. Squeeze eggplants to get all the water out. This step will make eggplant absorb less oil.
- Add oil, a bit more than usual into the pan. Fry eggplants till the edges turn golden brown. Take them out and set aside for later use.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 2 cloves chopped garlic. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in chicken bites, you can also choose minced pork or beef.
- Stir fry till chicken turns slightly golden brown.
- Add in 2 tbsp sambal chili sauce. Stir fry evenly.
- Add fried eggplants. Season with 1 tsp fish sauce and 1/2 tsp white pepper.
- Simmer for 3 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Cooking & Food & Recipes & Life