1. Wash clams in water again and again.
2. Put clams in a pot. Add in ginger slices, water and a little salt. Boil till all the shells open. Skim the stock. Set aside to cool down.
3. Beat one egg in a bowl. Stir with chopsticks till very smooth. Add cold clam stock in to egg. Ratio for stock and egg should be 1.5 : 1.
4. Add a little salt and stir well.
5. Place clams in a bowl or shallow plate. Pour the egg stock mixture into it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
6. Place the bowl on steaming rack and steam in boiling water for 5 mins.
7. Top with a little light soy sauce and chopped spring onion.
Egg is very smooth and soft. It tastes like pudding.