1. Wash clams in water. Pour in hot water to let all the shells open. Let them soak for a little while. Then wash them again to rinse off all the dirt and sands.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in chopped garlic, ginger and dried chili. Stir fry till aromatic.
3. Add in 2 tsp oyster sauce and 1 1/2 tsp light soy sauce. Mix well.
4. Add all the clams in. Stir fry for around 3 mins.
5. Season with a little salt and sugar.
6. Sprinkle starch water. Stir fry evenly.
7. Add in chopped spring onion. Fry a bit.
1. Wash clams in water again and again.
2. Put clams in a pot. Add in ginger slices, water and a little salt. Boil till all the shells open. Skim the stock. Set aside to cool down.
3. Beat one egg in a bowl. Stir with chopsticks till very smooth. Add cold clam stock in to egg. Ratio for stock and egg should be 1.5 : 1.
4. Add a little salt and stir well.
5. Place clams in a bowl or shallow plate. Pour the egg stock mixture into it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
6. Place the bowl on steaming rack and steam in boiling water for 5 mins.
7. Top with a little light soy sauce and chopped spring onion.
Egg is very smooth and soft. It tastes like pudding.