Chicken (cut into small dices. Marinated with a little salt, cooking wine, light soy sauce and cornstarch)
Carrot & cucumber ( both chopped into small dices)
Pixian bean sauce
Because my husband doesn’t like peanuts, so I didn’t use peanuts here. There are peanuts in authentic Kung Pao Chicken.
1. Heat some oil in the pan. Put in chicken bits. Stir fry till chicken turns white in color. The take them out.
2. Put carrot bits in and stir fry for around 2 mins. Then add in cucumber bits. Stir fry for another min. And take them out too.
3. Add 1 tsp Pixian bean sauce in the pan. ( Pixian bean sauce is commonly used in Sichuan dishes. It is spicy and salty. If you don’t want it to be very spicy, you can use less). Stir fry till the oil turns red.
4. Add in chicken together with carrot and cucumber. Stir fry evenly.
5. Add in 1 tsp sugar. Quick stir fry evenly.