- Prepare pork and vegetables. Cut 100g pork (you can also use chicken, if you want.) into dice. 1/8 head cabbage, 1/2 onion, 1/1 stalk of green onion all chop into small dices.
- Heat a pan. Add in 3 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp chunjang (black bean paste). Stir fry for about 3 mins. Discard the oil and set the paste aside for later use.
- Heat the pan again, add in 1 tbsp oil. Drop in pork dices. stir fry for a while till pork turns a big golden brown. Sprinkle black pepper.
- Add in cabbage, onion and green onion. I also added in a little chopped eggplant.
- Stir fry till all the vegetables turns softened.
- Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp sugar. Stir well.
- Add all the black bean paste in. Mix all ingredients well.
- Pour in 1/2 1 cup stock (or water). Simmer for a little while, till everything is fully cooked. And also the sauce reduced.
- Mix 1 tbsp starch in 2 tbsp water. drizzle it into the pan.
- Stir to thicken the sauce.
- Serve noodle with sauce and cucumber shreds.
And give it a good mix.
2 thoughts on “Jajangmyeon (Korean noodles in black bean sauce)”
LikeLiked by 1 person