I used 1 lemon, 2 oranges, 1600ml water as said in original recipe. But I reduced sugar. I used only 600g sugar, and it turned out very sweet to me.
1. Use a slicer to make lemon & orange peel into short strips.
2. Cut lemon and orange into small pieces. ( I took off all the white parts)
3. Put all the peel and pulp in a large bowl, add in 1000ml boiled water for overnight.
4. Put all the peel, pulp and water in a pot large enough for another 600ml water.
5. Turn on the stove and heat with low heat till the water in the pot reduces to half and peel turns softened.
6. Add in sugar and turn to high height. Keep stirring.
7. Water in the pot will become less and condensed. Take out a few drops in a plate to test their mobility. If the drops don’t flow well, then it’s done. You need to test many times, just please be patient.
8. Put them in sterilized jars.
The Chinese label was written by me. 🙂
柠檬 “Ning meng” means lemon.
橙子 “Cheng zi” means orange.
酱 “jiang” means jam or sauce, depending on the text.
日期 “ri qi” means date.
I almost spent the whole morning making this jam. And tested many many times. I’m glad the jam tastes so good.
It can be used as bread spread or to make fruit tea.
One thought on “Homemade Lemon Orange Jam”