If you ask me what are the food I miss most in my hometown, fried spring onion is definitely one of them.
It’s not hard to make. But I never make the ones as good as my mom makes.
1. Mix flour with some warm water. Make it a round dough and cover with plastic wrap for around 20 mins to let water and flour mix well. My mom told me I should add in some oil too. Or the pancake will taste a bit dry. Turns out she’s true.
2. Divide dough into several evenly-sized small ones.
3. Use a rolling pin to make small dough big and thin.
4. Spread oil, salt, black pepper and chopped spring onion on it evenly.
5. Roll it from one end to the other.
6. Roll it up from one end to the other.
7. And use rolling pin to make it a little flatter.
8. Fry in pan till both side golden brown.
I think my mom is right. It taste a bit dry. Maybe I should’ve add fold in some oil in dough.