Last time when my husband and I went back to my hometown in Shandong, China. I mentioned that I needed some chestnuts to bring back to Singapore for cooking. My auntie kept that in mind and bought me a big box of organic chestnut. I was really surprised. So I brought many packs back to Singapore.
Recently, this chestnut bread just came to my mind. So I tried with those chestnuts full of my family’s love.
Bread flour 150g
Whole grain flour 100g ( I used rough whole grain flour)
Sugar 12 g
Warm water 170ml
Chestnut ( cooked already. I used many around 200g. They were chopped in blender, not very finely, but roughly)
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Mix bread flour, whole grain flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add yeast water in dry ingredients.
4. Knead all ingredients into dough. Keep kneading for 20 mins. That takes a lot energy.
5. Fold in chestnut.
6. Place dough in a big bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise till 2 times as big as before.
7. Knead the dough and press air out. Let it rest for 5 mins.
8. Make the dough into shape you like. I divided it into two smaller ones. Sprinkle some flour. Cover them with plastic wrap and let it rise again till 1.5 times as big as before.
9. Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Bake for 20 mins.
Very crunchy outside but soft inside.
And I believe they are healthy too.