We bought a waffle maker yesterday. I couldn’t wait to cook some delicious waffles with it. My husband wanted Belgian waffles. So I found some recipes online and tried them. Yet, it was a big failure. Waffles I made tasted like strong baking soda flavor stuff. It’s not easy for me to quit, especially on cooking. I thought I should start with basic ones. And I found a wonder recipe online. Lucky me!
It’s super easy. No need to beat the egg white with electric mixer.
I just halved the batch.
Olive oil 1/6 cup
Flour 1 cup
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Vanilla 1/2 tsp
Preheat waffle maker first. And then prepare the batter.
1. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a big bowl.
2. Mix egg with milk, oil and vanilla in another bowl.
3. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Don’t overmix. Stop when they just combine. It’s ok if there’s still flour bumps.
4. Pour batter over preheated waffle maker.
5. Serve with syrup and fruits you like. You can also add nuts or butter.