Flour 1 cup
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/8 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1 1/2 tablespoon
Water 1 cup
Canola oil 1 tablespoon
Melted butter 2 tablespoon
Egg 1 (separate white and yolk)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, slat, baking soda and baking powder) in a bowl.
2. Pour in water. Stir well.
3. Add in canola oil and butter. mix evenly.
4. Add in egg yolk first. Stir to let them be well mixed.
5. Slightly beat the egg white till a lot small bubbles show up. And add into the batter and stir well.
6. Heat the waffle maker. Scoop batter into it. Heat till brownish on both sides.
You can serve hot freshly made waffle with butter, syrup or cream, jam.
My husband loved them.
I followed the recipe without making any change.
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
4 tbs melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1. Mix egg, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla in a big bowl.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients into wet mixture and stir them till just combine.
4. Heat waffle maker, and scoop batter into it.
5. Serve with maple syrup or butter.
We bought a waffle maker yesterday. I couldn’t wait to cook some delicious waffles with it. My husband wanted Belgian waffles. So I found some recipes online and tried them. Yet, it was a big failure. Waffles I made tasted like strong baking soda flavor stuff. It’s not easy for me to quit, especially on cooking. I thought I should start with basic ones. And I found a wonder recipe online. Lucky me!
It’s super easy. No need to beat the egg white with electric mixer.
I just halved the batch.
Olive oil 1/6 cup
Flour 1 cup
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Vanilla 1/2 tsp
Preheat waffle maker first. And then prepare the batter.
1. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a big bowl.
2. Mix egg with milk, oil and vanilla in another bowl.
3. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Don’t overmix. Stop when they just combine. It’s ok if there’s still flour bumps.
4. Pour batter over preheated waffle maker.
5. Serve with syrup and fruits you like. You can also add nuts or butter.