I used chicken drumsticks. They are small and easy to fry.
Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper over chicken. Massage them a bit.
Place them in a bowl, pour in enough Buttermilk.
Marinate for at least 30 mins.
Here is the Frying powder I used.
It already contains seasoning and spices, that’s why I only used a little salt and black pepper to marinate chicken.
Dip marinated chicken drumsticks in the frying powder. Then dip buttermilk and frying powder again to let chicken double coated by powder.
Fry chicken in oil till golden brown.
Turns out that double coated fried chicken taste more crispy outside and tender inside. Very delicious.
I found this wonderful recipe: http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/01/18/the-ultimate-healthy-buttermilk-pancakes/
And I just followed it without doing any change.
Flour 135 g
Baking soda 1 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Melted butter 7 g
Vanilla 1 1/2 tsp
Butter milk 1/2 cup
Maple syrup 1 tsp
Plain low-fat yogurt 60g
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. In a mother bowl mix butter, vanilla, egg, butter milk, syrup and yogurt.
3. Combine wet mixture with dry ingredients and stir till just combine.
4. Heat a non-stick pan on the stove with medium or low heat. Drop a spoonful of batter into pan.
5. After around 3 mins or till the bottom side turns golden brown, flip the pancake over and heat for another 2-3 mins.
Serve hot with maple syrup or butter or anything you like.
They taste very soft and fluffy. My husband loves them.
I followed the recipe without making any change.
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
4 tbs melted butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1. Mix egg, buttermilk, butter, and vanilla in a big bowl.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients into wet mixture and stir them till just combine.
4. Heat waffle maker, and scoop batter into it.
5. Serve with maple syrup or butter.
I just halved the batch.
1 cups flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 235 degree C.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Cut in butter and use ginger to make it crumbs.
4. Add in buttermilk and mix till combine.
5. Pat the dough till it’s about 1/2″ thick.
6. Fold the dough around 5 times and gently press the dough to 1 inch thick.
7. Use cutter to cut into small pieces.
8. Place them on cookie sheet with enough space to rise.
9. Bake for 10-12 mins.
They are really delicious.
Serving with some homemade lemon jam is even better.