My husband always keeps talking about soft shell crab. So we bought two packs the other day. And I planned to cook them today. Yet, when they were thawed, I found they were not whole crabs as we expected. Shell was removed and crab meat was tore apart. So I decided to change my recipe and cook fried breaded crab cake instead.
1. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper over crab meat. Mix them evenly.
2. In a bowl, pour in 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup milk and beat in one egg. Mix them well.
3. In another bowl, add in 1 cup bread crumbs and 1 1/2 tsp thyme. Mix them well too.
4. Heat skillet on stove. Pour in enough oil.
5. Make crab meat into small or medium balls. Dust them with flour. Then dip in milk egg mixture. Dust with flour again. Dip in milk egg mixture again. Roll in bread crumbs at last.
6. Fry in oil till golden brown.
Serve hot with mayonnaise or salad cream.