When my husband and I were in Hokkaido several days ago, we tried a famous local dish – soup curry.
I wanted to try this dish at home.
1. Prepare vegetables you like.
Preheat oven to 190 degree C and bake for 30 mins.
2. While vegetables are in the oven, prepare curry chicken. Heat a little olive oil in the pan. Add in chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Stir fry till aromatic.
3. Add in 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder, bay leaf, 1 tsp paprika powder and 1 small curry cube ( I’m out of curry powder). Stir fry a bit.
4. Pour in 1 tsp mirin, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp tomato sauce, 1 box of chicken stock and 1/2 cup water. Mix them all well.
5. Put chicken in the pan. Cover it with lid and simmer for 30 mins.
When the vegetables are done, check whether they are cooked.
I also add in peeled tomato.