I wanted to try this dish for a long time.
To make fried rice:
1. Cut 1 chicken breast, 1 small carrot and 1/2 onion into small dice.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in chicken breast. Stir fry till white.
3. Add in onion and carrot. Sauté till onion turns brown.
4. Push all the ingredients to one end of the pan. At the other end, add in 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp soy sauce. Mix well.
5. Mix sauce with chicken, carrot and onion. Stir fry evenly.
6. Put in cooked rice or leftover rice. Stir fry to let rice be evenly coated with sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
7. Use a spoon to make fried rice into oval shape in the middle of one plate.
To make omelette:
1. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl.
2. Add in 2 tablespoon milk and 1 tsp light soy sauce. Mix them well.
3. Brush pan with oil and pour out the excess. Test the pan with chopsticks. Chopstick dip in beaten egg, and slightly draw a line in the pan. If the egg line immediately solidify then the pan is ready.
4. Pour egg into pan. Stir with chopsticks. When the egg turns to be half cooked, slightly push egg to the end of the pan.
5. Use the chopsticks and spatula to gently turn the oval omelette over. Heat the edge a bit to make omelette sealed.
6. Gently place omelette over fried rice.
And the last is also the best part of this dish: use a knife to cut the omelette open.