1. Clean Prawns. Remove head and shell. Wash them clean. Wipe them with kitchen towel to make sure they are very very dry.
2. Add 1-2 tablespoon corn starch into Prawns. Let the Prawns be coated with a thin layer of starch.
3. Heat some oil in the pan. Fry Prawns till the outside starch layer turns a bit golden brown. Take them out and set aside.
4. Use the same pan. Add in a little more oil if needed. Sauté chopped ginger, garlic and spring onion till aromatic. Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, and 2 tsp oyster sauce.
5. Prawns in. Mix well with sauce. And it’s done.
Don’t throw away the prawn shells and heads. They can be used to cook prawn stock. Just heat a little oil in a pot. Add in all the shells and prawn heads. Stir fry till pink. Add in hot water. Cover the lid. Simmer with low heat for 2-3 hrs. Ideal stock to cook noodles or soup.