When I don’t have enough time to think what to cook, stir-fry will be my first choice. All I need is to put some vegetables and meat and stir fry them.
1. Soak vermicelli in water for 3-5 mins or till it becomes completely soft and transparent. Cut shorter with scissors. And drain.
2. Cut boneless chicken leg into small pieces. You can also use chicken breast. Place chicken pieces in a bowl, add in 2-3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 tsp chopped ginger, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp cooking wine and 1-2 tablespoon corn starch. Mix well and marinate for 10-15 mins.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Fry chicken till brown. Then set aside for later use.
4. Heat pan again. Add in a little extra oil if needed. Stir fry carrot slices first for 2 mins. Then add in cabbage, vermicelli and chicken. Stir fry for another 2-3 mins.
5. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon water. Simmer for 1 min.
6. Season with salt and ready to serve.