When my husband took the first bite, he screamed “Ah~”. I got a shock, and wondered what happened. But he then said: “This is so nice!” 🙂
I chose to use Japanese egg tofu in this dish, because they are soft and smooth.
1. Cut tofu into small cubes. Place them on a kitchen towel for a little while. The kitchen towel will absorb the water.
2. In a small bowl, add in 20g flour, 20g corn starch, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
3. Dip tofu in flour mixture and shake off the excessive.
4. Fry tofu in oil till golden brown. The flour shell becomes hard and not easy to be broken.
5. Heat the pan, add in 1 tsp oil. Sauté 1 chopped garlic clove. Add in 1 Tablespoon sweet cooking wine, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp honey. Mix them well.
6. When the sauce reduces a bit. Add fried tofu in. Gently flip Tofu to let them be coated with sauce.
7. Serve hot and garnish with spring onion shreds.