Tofu about 100g
minced pork around 80g
- Cut tofu into slices. Firm tofu is a good choice, it will keep its shape during cooking.
- Fry tofu with some oil till both sides turn golden brown. Sprinkle a little salt while frying them. Set aside for later use.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 1 tsp oil. Saute chopped garlic, green onion and dried chili till aromatic.
- Add in minced pork, stir fry till pork turns white.
- Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce, 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce and 1/2 tsp sugar. Quick toss to mix well.
- Pour in 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Add the fried tofu back, simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Pour in a little starch water. stir well.
- Add in chopped red chilli and spring onion. Stir fry for another minute.
When my husband took the first bite, he screamed “Ah~”. I got a shock, and wondered what happened. But he then said: “This is so nice!” 🙂
I chose to use Japanese egg tofu in this dish, because they are soft and smooth.
1. Cut tofu into small cubes. Place them on a kitchen towel for a little while. The kitchen towel will absorb the water.
2. In a small bowl, add in 20g flour, 20g corn starch, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
3. Dip tofu in flour mixture and shake off the excessive.
4. Fry tofu in oil till golden brown. The flour shell becomes hard and not easy to be broken.
5. Heat the pan, add in 1 tsp oil. Sauté 1 chopped garlic clove. Add in 1 Tablespoon sweet cooking wine, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp honey. Mix them well.
6. When the sauce reduces a bit. Add fried tofu in. Gently flip Tofu to let them be coated with sauce.
7. Serve hot and garnish with spring onion shreds.