I made pork floss the other day, and the idea of making pork floss & spring onion bun came to me. I don’t have much experience of making bread. So I search on YouTube and found this video:
I just followed this recipe.
If you want to make pork floss at home, you can please refer to my previous blog:
For those who cannot read Chinese, I can help to do some translation:
Ingredients for bread
bread flour 230g
- dissolve yeast in warm water and rest for 10 mins.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients above except butter till it become a dough.
- Cut butter into the dough. Two options: bread machine or by your hands. I knead the dough by my hands. I was kneading it and watching a TV drama at the same time. The whole kneading process last for 1 and a half episode.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic warp and let it rise till 2 times big.
- Flatter it into a disc. Put it into a 27×27 baking pan.
- Place the baking pan into oven, with a big bowl of hot water underneath. Let the dough rise again till 2 times big.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree c.
- Brush dough with egg. Sprinkle white sesame and spring onion (green part).
- Into the oven and bake for 12 mins.
- Cut bread into squares or whatever shape you like.
- Take two pieces of them. Brush the back with mayonnaise. Sprinkle a little pork floss. Stick them together. Then brush the edges with mayonnaise, dip in pork floss.
I was very generous with pork floss and used all the pork floss I made before. I have to admit that my bread is not so soft as the ones sold in bakery shop. My husband still like them though.
2 thoughts on “Pork Floss & Spring Onion Bun”
Very nice recipe! I love everything with onion! Following your blog for more recipes! I made a fantastic apple cake recently with meringue topping that I encourage you to try 🙂 Link to recipe here