This is the first time for me to cook Portobello mushroom. They are really big and look like a giant brown umbrella.
1. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat a pan. A little oil in. Sear the steak for about 3 mins.
3. Flip the steak over. Cut in a cube of butter. And add in 2 cloves of garlic and dried thyme (fresh thyme will be better, but I didn’t have any at that time).
4. Fry for about 3 mins. Use a spoon, to scoop better and spread over steak. Sear the edge side too.
Steak in the plate and rest.
To cook Portobello mushroom:
Remove the Portobello mushroom’s stem first and wash clean.
1. Heat a pan. Cut in a small cube of butter.
2. When butter melts, add the mushroom in with cap side down. Sear for 3 mins. If your mushroom is really really big, probably you will need 5 mins. Keep the heat low, don’t burn the mushroom.
3. Add 1 drop of soy sauce onto the stem hole of each mushroom.
4. Flip the mushroom over, sear the other side for 3 mins with the lid on.
5. A lot of juice will come out. Use a spatula, and press the mushroom gently to squeeze the juice out.
6. Flip over and squeeze the other side. Keep cooking till the juice evaporates.
Serve steak with mushroom.
Mushroom is really juicy and tender. Portobello Mushroom just became my husband’s favorite mushroom. He couldn’t stop saying “delicious”. 🙂
One thought on “Steak & Portobello Mushroom”
Reblogged this on Singapore Maths Tuition.