This dish is a combination of meat, egg, and vegetable. It’s actually an updated version of braised pork (红烧肉 Hong Shao Rou).
- Boil quail eggs in hot water for 5 mins. Soak them in ice cold water immediately. Then remove the egg shell.
- Heat a pan. Sear Pork chunks. Pork belly is the best choice. Fry pork till fat comes out and turns a bit brownish.
- Add bamboo shoot slices in and stir fry a bit with pork.
- Drizzle in 1 tsp cooking wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, ginger slices and bayleaf. Pour in enough hot water to cover all the ingredients.
- Also add in quail eggs. Lid on and simmer with low medium heat for 20-30 mins.
- turn up the heat and reduce the sauce.
Sauce is perfect to go with rice. My husband will always add sauce to his rice.
Quail eggs are also tasty.
2 thoughts on “Braised Pork With Quail Eggs & Bamboo Shoot”
I can’t find the ingredients list. How many eggs, how much pork belly, and how much bamboo?
I didn’t count the quail eggs, maybe 15. Because I used 1 pack. Pork belly is about 300g, and bamboo shoot is one small pack, maybe around 200g. Sorry I didn’t make it clear. sometimes I cook without measuring, just follow my feeling. 🙂