- Cut mutton (about 800g) into small pieces. Put all the mutton into a pot. Add in enough cod water to cover them. And bring to boil. Keep boiling for 3-5 mins.
- Drain the mutton and wash off all the dirt.
- Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp oil. Sautee 2 cloves of chopped garlic. Add all the mutton in. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in a few curry leaves, and 1 tsp Garam masala. Stir fry evenly.
- Pour in 1/2 1 cup water and salt to taste.
- Transfer everything into pressure cooker. And cook under high pressure for 20 mins.
- Prepare 2 big potatoes and 1 medium carrot. Peel them and cut into small dice.
- Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp oil.
- Add in 4 cardamom pods, 2 bay leaves and 1 star anise. Fry to aromatic.
- Drop in 1/2 tsp chopped ginger and 1 tsp chopped garlic. Stir fry a bit.
- Add in chopped 2 green chilis 1 chopped onion. Season with salt. Keep stir frying till onion turn transparent and completely soft.
- Add in potato and carrot dices. Stir fry for 2 or 3 mins.
- Pour all the mutton with stock into the pan. Simmer with lid on for 10 mins.
- Add in 200 ml coconut milk. Stir evenly and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Season with 1 tsp Garam masala and salt.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
We don’t eat mutton that often. This is a very simple dish.
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over lamb chop on both side. Rub it with finger to let flavor come in.
2. Peel 2 medium potatoes. Cut into cubes. Steam or boil them till cooked. Mash them in a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Heat a pan. Add in oil. When pan is hot, put lamb chop in. Don’t move it. Sear it for 4-5 mins.
4. Flip the chop over. Also add in 2 cloves of garlic, rosemary and cumin seed. Use a spoon to scoop oil and pour over the chop. Fry for another 4-5 mins. Put chop in a plate and rest for a while.
5. Add 3 tablespoon flour into mashed potato. Mix well and scoop a spoonful mashed potato and form it into a ball shape. Flatten a bit. Fry in the same pan till both sides turn golden brown.
Very simple and quick and yum dish.
1. Heat a little oil in a deep pot. Put mutton chunk into it. Stir fry till golden brown.
2. Add in chopped onion. Stir till aromatic.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Also add in a little cumin seed, bay leaves, and paprika powder. Fry a bit.
4. Put in peeled and chopped tomatoes ( 2 medium ones) and 2 tablespoon tomato sauce.
5. Pour in stock covers all ingredients.
6. Slow cook for 1 hour.