1. Cut chicken into medium chunks. I used 3 whole chicken wings and cut them at the joint. So 1 wing can be cut into 4 pieces. You can also choose boneless chicken leg, better with skin on.
2. Hot pan. Cold oil. Fry chicken till golden brown.
3. Add in 2 or 3 ginger slices. Sauté a bit. Shiitake mushrooms in. Stir fry till aromatic.
4. 1 tablespoon cooking wine, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 2 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon sugar. Mix all ingredients well.
5. Pour in hot water covers evenly ingredient. Bring to boil. Turn to low heat and simmer for 20 mins.
6. Remove lid. Turn to high heat. Reduce the sauce and garnish with chopped spring onion or leek.