Hmmm. I am crazy addicted to mushroom. Mushroom is a must-have thing in my fridge. My husband likes them too, but definitely not as crazy as I do. Fried mushroom is a dish he likes very much. Yet, he only had them in restaurant and usually a small portion of fried mushroom will cost S$ 6+. If cooked at home, this dish is much cheaper.
And last time, when I cooked fried chicken followed YouTube’s NO 1 video, there was some flour and sauce left. I try to avoid wasting any ingredient in my kitchen. Fried mushroom came to my head. That sounds a good idea. So i used left ingredients to make this dish.
Ingredients I used is the leftover of fried chicken. You can please check my previous blog:
1. Beat 1 egg in a bowl, add in 3 tablespoon water and 1/3 cup chili sauce.
2. Add in 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp garlic powder. Mix them well till smooth and no flour lumps.
3. Cut mushrooms into halves. Here I used Shiitake mushroom.
4. Dip mushroom in the batter first, then roll in bread crumbs. Shake off the excessive.
5. Deep fry till golden brown.
They are really crispy and tasty. You can serve it with mayonnaise.