Since last time I cooked portobello mushroom last time, my husband had deeply fallen in love with this giant brown mushroom. He required to buy some portobello mushroom when we went out for shopping.
One of my hobbies is to explore the different cooking method for different ingredient. So I decided to try this dish with this mushroom. It’s quite easy.
- preheat oven to 180 Degree c.
- wash portobello mushroom gently in water. Then wipe them dry with kitchen towels.
- remove the stem. Also use a spoon to scratch off the black gills to save more room for egg.
- brush mushroom with butter.
- sprinkle a little salt over the mushroom. Only a very little is enough.
- place mushroom in baking try, better with a parchment paper underneath. crack an egg onto the gill of each mushroom.
- sprinkle cheese, black gills scratched off and chopped spring onion on egg. Avoid egg yolk.
Into the oven for 15-18 mins. Or till cheese melted and egg is done.
I kind of forgot to take the mushroom out, so my egg was overly done a bit. 😦
But my husband still loves them. 🙂
2 thoughts on “Egg Stuffed Mushroom”
Reblogged this on Singapore Maths Tuition.