1. Prepare a whole boneless chicken leg. Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper.
2. Use the back of knife to hit chicken a bit.
3. Heat a pan on stove. When the pan is hot, put the chicken inside with skin side down. Flip over when the skin turns golden brown. Fry the other side till brown, too.
4. If there is much oil after sear, you can pour the oil out.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tablespoon honey. Let the chicken be coated with sauce.
6. Pour in hot water just enough to cover the chicken. Cover the lid and simmer for a while.
7. Remove the lid. Turn to high heat to reduce the sauce.
Remove the Portobello mushroom’s stem first and wash clean.
1. Heat a pan. Cut in a small cube of butter.
2. When butter melts, add the mushroom in with cap side down. Sear for 3 mins. If your mushroom is really really big, probably you will need 5 mins. Keep the heat low, don’t burn the mushroom.
3. Add 1 drop of soy sauce onto the stem hole of each mushroom.
4. Flip the mushroom over, sear the other side for 3 mins with the lid on.
5. A lot of juice will come out. Use a spatula, and press the mushroom gently to squeeze the juice out.
6. Flip over and squeeze the other side. Keep cooking till the juice evaporates.