I think many people are very familiar with this Chinese dish. The first time I saw this dish’s name on the menu, I was surprised. Because its Chinese name is “木须肉”( mu Xu Rou), while “mu” means wood, ” Xu”means beard. I was like what kind of dish is that! 🙂
But it turned out to be a delicious dish with pork, egg, carrot, black fungus and cucumber.
It’s not a difficult dish to cook.
Pork ( cut into pieces, marinate with a little salt, light soy sauce, and starch for 10 or 15 minutes)
Eggs (2 or 3)
Black fungus ( if you use dry ones, please soak them in water for several minutes. Please note that black fungus soaked in water for a long time could be poisonous, so just several minutes is fine. Romove their bottoms, and tear them into small pieces with hands)
Carrot ( chopped into pieces)
Chopped Celery ( because I didnt have cucumber, so I use celery instead. Cucumber would be better. )
Oil, salt, starch, water, sugar, chopped garlic (optional)
1. Make omelet. Take the omelet out once they solidify.
2. Heat a little more oil in the pan. Put the marinated pork slices in. Stir fry till they get brown and take out.
3. If there is no oil in the pan, add in a little. Put in the garlic, then carrot. Stir fry for around 2 minutes, then add in celery (or cucumber ). Stir fry for another minute or two.
4. Put in pork and black fungus. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in salt, light soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry evenly.
6. Put into the omelet. Stir evenly with the other ingredients.
7. At last pour in a little starchy water and quick stir fry for a minute.