I think many people are very familiar with this Chinese dish. The first time I saw this dish’s name on the menu, I was surprised. Because its Chinese name is “木须肉”( mu Xu Rou), while “mu” means wood, ” Xu”means beard. I was like what kind of dish is that! 🙂
But it turned out to be a delicious dish with pork, egg, carrot, black fungus and cucumber.
It’s not a difficult dish to cook.
Pork ( cut into pieces, marinate with a little salt, light soy sauce, and starch for 10 or 15 minutes)
Eggs (2 or 3)
Black fungus ( if you use dry ones, please soak them in water for several minutes. Please note that black fungus soaked in water for a long time could be poisonous, so just several minutes is fine. Romove their bottoms, and tear them into small pieces with hands)
Carrot ( chopped into pieces)
Chopped Celery ( because I didnt have cucumber, so I use celery instead. Cucumber would be better. )
Oil, salt, starch, water, sugar, chopped garlic (optional)
1. Make omelet. Take the omelet out once they solidify.
3. If there is no oil in the pan, add in a little. Put in the garlic, then carrot. Stir fry for around 2 minutes, then add in celery (or cucumber ). Stir fry for another minute or two.
4. Put in pork and black fungus. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in salt, light soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry evenly.
6. Put into the omelet. Stir evenly with the other ingredients.
7. At last pour in a little starchy water and quick stir fry for a minute.