This dish is actually similar to yellow chicken stew. Yellow chicken stew is really popular in China. I guess there are yellow chicken stew restaurants in every China’s city.
It’s a dish made mainly of chicken, shiitake and green bell pepper.
I cooked it in a relatively easy way.
1. Cut boneless chicken leg into medium pieces. You can use other chicken parts, but I don’t recommend chicken breast.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Put in chicken, stir fry till chicken gets a little golden brown on the edge.
3. Add in carrot and shiitake slices. Stir fry for a while.
4. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Stir fry evenly.
5. Pour in enough water covers all ingredient. Cover the pan with lid and use low or medium heat.
6. Before the sauce in pan is almost dry. Put in bell pepper pieces, and turn to high heat.
7. Keep stir frying till sauce is dry.
If you want it to be spicy, you could add a little dry red chili at first.