I found a pack of green bean wide Vermicelli in a corner at the small supermarket near my home. I was very curious about it, because it’s my first time to see Vermicelli made from green beans. And more surprisingly, it’s from Qufu city, Confucius’s hometown, and it’s also a city next to my hometown. But I have never heard about it before. I really couldn’t control my curiosity, so I bought one pack. 🙂 really want to figure out how this transparent Vermicelli tastes.
I boil 100g green bean wide vermicelli in boiling water for 8 mins according to the instruction on the package. Then take them out and soak in cold water. Drain them.
1. Heat a little oil in the pan. Pour in two beaten eggs. Make scrambled egg. And set egg aside.
2. Heat the pan again. Add in a little oil if needed. Sauté chopped garlic and dried red chili till aromatic.
3. Add in spinach. Quickly stir fry with medium-high heat.
4. Once spinach turns soft and greener, add in green bean vermicelli. Stir fry for 1-2 mins.
5. Add in scrambled egg. Mix evenly.
6. Season with salt and black pepper.
It’s actually not bad. Green bean vermicelli tastes like very similar to regular vermicelli made from sweet potato. But more chewy.