- Cut chicken wings 2 times on both sides.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, paprika powder, ground ginger and ground garlic (or garlic paste) over chicken wings. Mix by hands evenly and let them marinate for 2-3 hours.
- In a bowl, add in flour and starch, ration should be flour: starch = 5:1. Also add salt, black pepper to taste. To add more flavor to the chicken, I add in mixed herbs. You can just add in the herbs you like.
- Prepare a bowl of water.
- Roll chicken wing in the flour mixture first. Then dip in water quickly and roll in flour mixture again. Shake off the excessive.
- Heat oil. Test the temperate with chopsticks. If there are many bubbles around the chopsticks, the oil’s temperature is ok.
- Deep fry chicken wings till the flour shell is very hard. Then turn up the heat a bit. Fry chicken wings for the second time to get gold brown color and also to make them crispier.
Tag Archives: herbs
Crispy Herbs Chicken Thigh
1. Prepare two chicken thighs. Discard the fat.
2. In a big bowl, add in 1/2 cup flour, 2 tbs bread crumbs, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 1 tsp mixed herbs. Mix them well.
3. In another bowl, beat in 1 small egg and pour in 50 ml milk. Stir well.
4. Coat chicken thigh with flour first, then dip in egg and coat with flour again.
5. Heat a pan. Add in 2 tbs butter. When butter melts, put chicken thighs in. Fry each side till golden brown.
6. Preheat oven to 210 degree C. Bake chicken thighs for 15 mins. Flip over and bake for another 10 mins.