It contains both pork and quail eggs. It’s absolutely one of my husband’s favorite dishes.
1. Boil some water in a pot. Put a strip of pork belly in water. Turn off the stove till water boils again.
2. Take pork out. Rinse and drain. Then cut it into medium chunks.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put pork in. Fry pork belly till both sides turn golden brown.
4. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar. Stir fry evenly.
5. Pour in enough hot water covers pork. Also add in 1 or 2 star anise, and ginger slices. Cover the pan with lid.
6. In another pot, boil some water. Then put quail eggs in. Boil for 5 mins. Soak them in cold water and remove the shell.
7. When the sauce in pan reduces to 1/3. Put quail eggs into the pan. Stir with pork. Cover the lid and simmer till sauce becomes condensed.
8. Turn up the heat. Keep stirring to let pork and quail eggs be coated with dark sauce.