I followed this recipe:
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1. Mix cocoa powder with boiling water.
2. Mix buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients into buttermilk mixture.
5. Add cocoa mixture into batter.
6. Pour into baking pan.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 30 mins.
It’s really an easy cake to bake. Yet, it’s very moist and delicious.
Milk 2 tsp
Baking Soda 1 tsp dissolved in milk
Baking powder 1 tsp
Vanilla 1 tsp
Salt 1 pinch
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg, vanilla and baking soda that’s dissolved in milk. Stir well.
3. Add in bananas. Stir well.
4. Add in flour, salt and cinnamon. Mix them well and pour into baking pan.
5. Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 30-40 mins.
The cake is very moist and full of fresh banana flavor. My husband is a big fan of it.
In a large bowl mix flour (90g), baking soda (1 tsp), salt (1/8tsp, but if you use salted butter, you can delete salt).
Cream 60g butter till creamy and smooth. Add 70g sugar, mix them till light and fluffy. Then add in 2 small eggs (one at a time) and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Add flour mixture into butter mixture. First, 1/3 flour mixture, 15g milk. Then 1/3 flour mixture, another 15 g milk. And last add in all the rest flour mixture.
Beat till flour all mix in.
Preheat oven to 180 degree C and bake for 17-20 mins.
These cupcakes are very moist.
I also made buttery frosting according to the video. Very creamy.