1. Put rice and water into a deep pot. The ratio of rice: water is 1:10.
2. Turn to high heat. When water boils, turn to low heat.
3. Cover the pot with lid. Keep heating for 20-30 mins, till rice completely done and much fatter than before. Keep an eye on the pot since it’s easy for porridge to overflow. Stir occasionally.
4. Add in a little ginger shred, shrimp and I also put in some oyster meat. Stir a bit. Boil for around 10 mins.
5. Sprinkle some salt and chopped lettuce ( you can also choose spinach or other green vegetables). Stir for 2 mins.
6. Add in some chopped spring onion. Stir for 1 min. Then it’s done.
I cooked this dish when I stayed with my family in China during holidays and my family loved it, especially my father.
I used 4 vegetables: garlic ( a little), king oyster Mushroom, carrot and bell pepper.
1. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in garlic slices and stir fry a bit. Put in carrot slices. Stir fry till carrot turns a bit softened.
2. Add in king oyster Mushroom slices. Stir fry. Water will come from Mushroom. Just keep stir frying till water all gone.
3. Put in bell pepper slices. Stir fry a bit.
4. Add in oyster sauce( I added 1 tsp). Stir fry evenly. If the dish still tastes a bit light, you can add a little salt. If it tastes ok, it’s done.