1. Pour 1 box of stock into a pot (250 ml) and 1/4 cup water. Add in several mushroom slices and seaweed. Bring to boil.
2. Put Udon into the soup. Here I used I instant Udon, which only needs 5 mins. Also add in several fish cake slices.
3. After 5 mins. Have a taste of soup. Add a little salt if it is too light.
Sprinkle chopped spring onion before serving.
It’s an easy dish to cook without much preparation.
1. Make batter. I used tempura flour. Please read the instruction about the ratio of water and flour.
2. Prepare prawns ( remove head and shell but leave the shell on the tail). Cut vegetables into slices. I recommend carrot, eggplant, mushroom and French beans. French beans can be just cut into medium pieces.
3. Heat the oil in a deep pot. Put a chopstick in it. If many small bubbles show up at the bottom, then it’s ok to deep fry.
4. Dip prawns and vegetables in the tempura batter and deep fry till golden brown.
Udon soup would be a good choice to be served with.