The real stir-fry hokkien noodles need squid and pork. But here I didn’t use them. And this recipe is different from the real one.
1. Beat two eggs in a bowl. Heat oil in the pan and make scrambled egg.
2. Take the egg out. Fry the Prawns till pink and set them aside too.
3. Heat the pan again. Add in chopped garlic and onion. Sauté a bit.
4. Add the Hokkien noodles in. Stir fry a bit. Add in 2 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp light soy sauce and 1/2 pepper powder. Stir evenly.
5. Put the Prawns back in the pan, also add chopped cabbage and chye sim stem. Stir fry a bit. Pour in 1 cup broth. ( I used the Prawn ribs broth which I made before)
6. Simmer for 5 mins. Add in bean sprouts, chye sim leaves.
My husband loves this dish.