I have several more recipes for homemade dog food.
- boiled sweet potato with dog food.
My dog Charlie actually doesn’t like his dog food very much. My husband and I tried several different types of dog food: chicken flavor, lamb flavor, salmon flavor. All end the same, he might like it at the first, then he loses interest. When I put dog food in his bowl, he just watches everything and sits still. If I ask him to come over, he will come and sniff. Then he just walks away. So I try to add flavor with boiled sweet potato or pumpkin. He loves it and finishes them all.
Bad thing is he may poo poo a lot.
2, Lamb macaroni
I put lamb bone in a big pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil with high heat. Skim soup and remove the dirt and fat. Slow cook for 40 mins. There is also some lamb meat on the bone. So I use the soup to cook macaroni. He loves it.
3. Boiled egg with dog food.
Charlie loved boiled egg. I guess he loves all the food except dog food. 🙂
I don’t want to give him too much egg, so i usually boil 1 egg and eat half. Mash the rest half and mix with his dog food. And i only give very little egg white to Charlie.
4, Bland rice and chicken.
Charlie got diarrhea several days ago. I stop giving him dog food and his treat. Instead I cooked rice and chicken for him. It’s super simple. I bough minced chicken. Put minced chicken with rice in rice cooker and cook them together. Or I used boiled chicken breast, Tear it into small pieces and mix with rice. Charlie soon recovers from diarrhea.
1 big whole chicken leg
red dates 3 (seed removed)
logan meat 1 tbsp
goji berries 1tbsp
- Put chicken leg into a pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil with high heat.
- Skim the soup and remove all the dirt.
- Add in cordyceps, red dates and longan meat. Slow cook with low heat for 40 mins.
- Add in goji berries and cook for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt.
Super nice soup.
1, Wash pig feet clean. I bought the pig feet from supermarket and they were chopped already.
2, Put pig feet in a pot, add in enough water covers them all.
3, Bring to boil and boil for 8-10 mins.
4, Take out the pig feet, Wash off all the dirt.
5, Put pig feet into pressure cooker, Add in 1 tbsp rock sugar, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, bay leaves, ginger slices, star anise and cinnamon.
6, Cook under high pressure for 40 mins. Pig feet will become very soft and juicy.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
8, Place pig feet in the baking tray with skin side up. Poke the skin with a fork and sprinkle chili powder, five spice powder and white sesame. and roast for 10-15 mins.
Because My mini king oyster mushrooms are not in unified size, so I cut the bigger ones into halves. You can also use normal king oyster mushrooms, just cut them into slices before cooking.
- Heat a pan, add in 1 tbsp oil.
- Arrange mushrooms in the pan in single layer. When the down side turns golden brown, flip them over.If you want to add more flavor, you can add in some chopped garlic and butter.
- When the other side also turns brown. Fry each side for another 2 or 3 mins with low heat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Main ingredients are bread, sausage, butter, and mayonnaise.
Just because the other day I bought 1 pack of bread, and later I forgot about it. So I tried this way to consume them.
- Boil sausage (mine are the frozen type bought from supermarket) in hot water for about 10 mins.
- Cut bread into halves, but not cut them through completely.
- Spread butter over the cut side.
- Pan fry bread with the butter side down till slightly golden brown.
- Also fry the sausage a bit with the same pan.
- Place sausage in between the breads.
- Add in the sauce you like. I chose mayonnaise.
It’s very simple. my husband like them.
eggs 2 large ones
1, Beat eggs in a bowl.
2, Heat a pan, oil in. Make scramble egg first. Remove the pan from stove immediately when eggs get almost done. Don’t over cook them.
3, Oil in the pan again. Fry spinach till spinach turns soft and greener.
4, Add scrambles egg into spinach. Mix well.
5, Season with salt.
This is a typical dish of Northern China cuisine. 2 secret ingredients are dried mushroom and sweet potato glass noodles.
I brought them here from my hometown when last time I went back.
This type of sweet potato glass noodles need to be soaked in water for hours to get softened. Also wash mushroom many times and soak them before cooking.
- In a pot, add in chicken cutlet. And pour in enough water. Bring to boil and keep boiling for 5 mins.
- Rinse chicken in water and remove all the dirt.
- Heat a pan, Add in 2 tsp oil. Fry chicken till slightly golden brown.
- Add in ginger slices, green onion slices and dried chili. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in other spices: star anise, bay leaf, and cinnamon. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Drizzle in 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce and also add in 1/2 tbsp sugar.
- Add in enough hot water covers all ingredient.
- Spread glass noodles over the top. (because my glass noodles really need a long time to be fully cooked). Lid on and simmer with low heat for 15 mins.
- Add in mushroom. Simmer for another 20 mins.
Stir occasionally and reduce the sauce with high heat.
I bought one pack of this kind of small kampung fish from supermarket. I think I have never bought them before.
And I cooked them in a very simple way.
The fishes I bought already cleaned and head-removed. So I only need to wash them under water.
Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and marinate for 20 mins.
Deep fry for about 15 mins or till very crispy.
Oh, my husband loved them very much.
The other day, I bought a pack of frozen Spanish Iberian pork slices. And I decided to use it to cook pasta.
The only green vegetable I had is Kailan, so….no other choice for me.
1, Cook pasta and drain. Blanch kailan in hot water for 2 mins.
1, Heat skillet, Add in a little oil. Iberian pork is a bit fat, so I seared them to get all the fat out first.
2, When the pork starts to curl up, add in 2 cloves chopped garlic. Stir fry a bit.
3, Add in drained kailan. Stir fry for 2 mins. Season with salt and a lot of black pepper.
4, Off the heat, Add in pasta and mix well. Let pasta fully absorb the pork juice.
I made this soup with my homemade kimchi.
Soup is very simple.
- Heat a pot. Add in 1 tsp oil. Sear pork belly slices (about 50g) till slightly golden brown.
- Add in garlic slices (2 cloves) and onion slices (1/4) and stir fry till aromatic.
- Drop in 2 tbsp kimchi and 1 tbsp kimchi base. Stir fry evenly.
- Pour in 1 cup water. Bring to boil.
- Add in 1tsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp Korean chili paste and 1 tsp sugar. Stir evenly and simmer for 5 mins.
- Put in tofu slices. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Sprinkle green onion and green chili.