I tried to cook rice and chicken before for my dog Charlie.
After that, I tried some other ways to make home cooked food for my Charlie.
- Canned food & rice.
It’s pretty simple. You can just mix dog canned food with cooked rice. Dog canned food can be easily bought from supermarket, and there’re so many choices to make. No matter chicken, beef or lamb.
Charlie loved it.
2. Salmon macaroni
I chop salmon (no skin) and carrot into very tiny pieces. Put them in a pot with macaroni and some green peas. Add in macaroni and enough water. Cook them according to the instruction on macaroni’s package, usually 8-10 mins. You can cook longer to make sure everything is fully cooked.
First time for Charlie to try salmon. He was so excited and keep licking his mouth before I served this meal to him.
After he finished his meal, he still kept licking his bowl all around the house. 🙂
It’s a famous dish in Indian cuisine. For the chicken, I used a half chicken. I removed the skin and bones before cutting it. Of course you can choose chicken thighs or chicken breast.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl. Add in 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp garlic paste and 1 tsp chopped ginger. If you want it to be a little spicy, you can also add in spicy chili powder. Marinate for 15 mins.
- Saute marinate chicken in pan. Heat a pan. add in 1 tbsp oil. Put the chicken pieces in. Saute till chicken turn golden brown. Take the chicken out.
- Same pan. Add in 2 tsp extra oil. Add in 1/2 cup chopped onion. stir fry a bit.
- Cut in 1 tbsp butter. Sautee onion till aromatic.
- Add in 2 cups chopped tomato. Stir fry evenly with onion.
- Pour in 1 cup water. Season with salt, garam masala, paprika powder and sugar.
- Simmer with low heat for 15 mins.
- Transfer everything in pan into the blender. Blend till it becomes smooth paste.
- Pour the paste back into the pan. If the gravy is not thickened enough, turn to low heat and reduce it.
- Add the chicken in. Cut in 1 tbsp butter and add in 1 tbsp cream. Stir well. Simmer for another 10 mins.
- drizzle cream before serving.
It can be served with rice or prata or naan. Very nice. My husband finished the whole big plate of this chicken masala.
I wanted to try this soup for a long time. Now since that I have pressure cooker, I cannot wait any longer.
Prepare a coconut and half chicken.
- Wash chicken clean. In a pot, add in enough water. Put chicken in. Bring to boil.
- Rinse chicken under water to wash off all the dirt.
- Cut coconut open. Pour the coconut water out and scoop the fruit meat.
- Place chicken into pressure cooker. Add in coconut water and fruit, also add in 3 red dates and several ginger slices.
- Press the soup button.
- Soup is very fresh and sweet. I added in some goji berries and cook for another 20 mins.
No need to season at all.
Actually I think it tastes better without goji berries.
My husband likes this soup very much.
My father-in-law gave me Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I was super excited. I like Julia Child very much after I watched the movie Julie & Julia, and at that time, I didn’t even cook. She is a very nice cook with great sense of humor. And she’s bold in kitchen.
Most time, I cook Chinese food. There is a very big difference between Chinese and French cooking. Vegetable oil like canola oil, peanut oil or soy bean oil is often used in Chinese cooking, while butter in French cooking.
Today, I tried this Sautéed Chicken. Actually I used chicken drumsticks, cos they are in similar size, so I thought it would be easier to cook.
- Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp butter and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil. I used about 6 chicken drumsticks. I turned to low medium heat while cooking. The heat power of My induction stove is kind of strong.
- Wipe chicken drumsticks with kitchen towel and dry them.
- Put chicken into the pan, sear for 2-3 mins till brownish. Then flip them to fry other the other side for 2-3 mins.
- Lid on and fry for 5 mins.
- Turn them around and lid on for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper, and also dried herbs.
- Lid on for 5 mins.
- Toss a bit and lid on for another 5 mins.
- Take all the drumsticks out in a plate. Pour the oil out just leave a bit in the pan.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 1 tsp chopped garlic. (I didn’t have shallot).
- When it turns aromatic, pour in 1/2 cup stock. Reduce to half remaining. (Original recipe also needs wine, but I didn’t follow that part.)
- Glaze chicken with reduced sauce.
They also go well with pasta.
This is a very simple dish to make.
- Prepare a bowl, add in 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp paprika powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. mix well.
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
- Dip chicken wings in the flour mixture and shake off the excessive. In to the oven for 20-25 mins. Remember to flip over halfway.
- Prepare sauce: 1/4 cup Korean spicy bulgogi sauce, and 1/4 cup honey. Mix well.
- Brush sauce onto the chicken wings. Turn up the heat to 200 Degree C. And roast for another 10 mins.
- Sprinkle white sesame before serving.
1. Wash chicken clean. You can use chicken legs or chicken wings. I used chicken wings.
2. Enough water in a pot. Add in ginger slices, garlic cloves, bay leaf, lemon grass and a pinch of salt.
3. Put chicken into the pot. Bring to boil with high heat. Then turn to low heat and simmer for 15-20 mins or till chicken is fully cooked.
4. Soak chicken into cold water. Dry them and cut into smaller pieces.
5. In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon Thai chili sauce, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp sugar.
Spread sauce over chicken.
- Prepare a boneless chicken leg. Cut it slightly to prevent curling up while cooking. Season it with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a pan. Usually I don’t add in oil, cos chicken leg contains fat. So Just sear the chicken with skin side down. Fry with medium-low heat for 3-5 mins or till skin turns golden. Flip it over and fry the other side till brownish too.
- Chicken out into a plate. There will be some oil left in the pan. Just use it to saute 1 chopped garlic clove. Then add in mushroom slices. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Pour in 1/2 cup stock. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Add in 1/4 cup milk, also season with salt, pepper and mixed dried herbs.
- Put Chicken back into the pan. Simmer for 10 mins to let it completely be cooked.
- Condense the soup by adding starch water. Keep stirring to reduce the sauce.
- And place chicken chop with sauce over cooked penne.
Usually in China, Chicken stew is made from a whole chicken. But I know for sure that my husband and I cannot finish a whole chicken stew. So I just used a whole boneless chicken leg instead.
- Soak dry 5 or 6 shiitake mushroom in 2 cups water. (Rinse under water first to remove all the dirt). Keep the shiitake water. Remove the stem and cut into 4 halves.
- Cut chicken into one-bite size.
- Heat a pan. Since there is fat in chicken, so actually, no need to add any oil. Sear the chicken to let the fat out.
- When chicken turns white, add in 2 tsp cooking wine. Stir fry till chicken got dry again.
- Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce and 1/2 1 tsp sugar (you can adjust it according to your preference). Stir fry to let chicken be coated with sauce.
- Add in shiitake, stir fry for about 2 mins.
- Pour in shiitake water covers all ingredients. Add in spices (ginger, star anise, bay leaf), I also added in 1 chopped carrot.
- Lid on. Simmer with low heat for 20-30 mins to make sure chicken is completely cooked.
- Lid off and reduce sauce with high heat.