I really like this pasta. It’s creamy, easy and only needs one pot.
- Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry prawns or shrimps (remove head and shell first) till cooked. Put them in a plate and set aside for later use.
- Use the same pan. Saute 1 or 2 chopped garlic. Add in cherries tomatoes (cut into halves). Stir fry for maybe 2 mins.
- Pour in 2 cups water or stock or half stock and half water. Bring to boil.
- Pasta in. Cook according to the instruction. Mine needs 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle in chopped parsley and cheese. Blend evenly.
- Add prawns in. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
1. Prepare Portobello mushroom as pizza crust: wash them gently under water. Remove the stem.
2. Mix 1 tsp finely chopped garlic with 1 tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl.
3. Brush mushroom with butter & garlic mixture. Sprinkle very little salt over mushroom.
4. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves. Mozzarella cheese ball into small chunks.
5. Place tomato and cheese alternatively on the mushroom.
6. Drizzle a little olive oil and garnish with chopped spring onion or basil.
Into 220 degree C oven for 13-15 mins.
- Cut eggplant into slices. Soak them in water, also sprinkle in some salt.
- Wash several cherry tomatoes. Cut cross at the bottom. Soak them in hot water for a while. Peel them and set aside for later use.
- Squeeze the water out of eggplant. Place them in a big bowl. Add in 2-3 tablespoon corn starch. Shake a little to let eggplant be coated with starch.
- Fry eggplant till the starch layer becomes crispy. Set eggplant aside.
- Leave a little oil in the pan. Saute chopped garlic till aromatic.
- Add in cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 table spoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water. Simmer a bit to reduce sauce.
- Add eggplant in. Stir to let eggplant coated with sauce.
- Add in green chili. Stir fry for another minute and ready to serve.
Recently, I’m crazy about tomatoes. I always want to try sun dried tomato, yet weather here in Singapore is very humid. So I guess sun dried tomato is impossible here. Then this oven-Roasted tomatoes came to my head.
And it’s very easy.
1. Chop tomatoes into slices (around 0.5cm thick). You can use cherry tomatoes or any ones of small size.
2. Place all tomato slices in a big bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, spread a little salt and add in dried herbs you like. I used dried oregano. Toss a bit.
3. Put tomato slices in baking tray and arrange them in one layer. You can put them very close to each other. Because they will shrink after dehydrated.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Roast tomato for 15-20 mins or till they get wrinkled and a bit burnt on the edge.
They can be used in Spaghetti or pizza or salad. I’m a big fan.
1. Prepare fillings:
Minced chicken 100g (u can also use minced pork or beef)
1/2 diced onion
2-3 chopped Shiitake mushroom (optional)
Salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
2. Prepare 6 -8 cabbage leaves.
3. Soak cabbage leaves in hot water till softened.
4. One roll needs 2 cabbage leaves. Place 1 cabbage leaf on the table. Put a spoonful filling at one end. Then roll to the other end. Put the roll on one end of another cabbage and roll again. I made 3 big rolls with 6 cabbage leaves. You can also make it into 4 small ones.
5. For the sauce, I made from fresh tomato. You can also use canned tomato chunks.
Cut a cross at the bottom of tomato (2 medium ones). Soak in hot water for a little while. Peel them off. Chop into small chunks.
6. Heat a pan or a pot. Add in a little oil. Sauté 2 chopped garlic. Add the tomato in. Sprinkle a little salt. Stir fry till softened and juice comes out. Add in 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and 1/2 tablespoon sugar to balance the sour taste. Also add in a little dried oregano or herbs you like.
7. Pour in 1/4 cup water. Stir well.
8. Place cabbage rolls in. Turn to low heat. Cover the lid. Simmer for 10 mins.
9. Flip the rolls over. And simmer for another 5-8 mins.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
I think it will go well with pasta.
When I am in a rush or just feel lazy, I always make chicken chop or pork chop for lunch. They are very easy and not time-consuming and perfect to go with rice or pasta. Simple and quick! My husband is not picky about food. As long as there is meat or egg, he will be very happy. 🙂
1. Cut one whole chicken breast into halves. Use a knife to cut several times horizontally and then vertically. Don’t cut them through. Just make several light cuts, so chicken won’t shrink during frying.
2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over both sides.
3. Prepare 1/2 cup flour, mix with one pinch salt and one dash black pepper. And one beaten egg in another bowl.
4. Roll chicken in flour then dip in egg then flour again. Deep fry till golden brown.
5. Heat a pan, cut in 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melts, add in 1 tablespoon flour. Stir them well and add in 1 tablespoon tomato sauce. Mix them well. Pour in 1/4 cup water or stock. Also add in 2 tsp sugar to balance the sour taste of tomato sauce. Reduce sauce to condensed. Pour over chicken chop.
Actually, sauce also makes pasta tasty and yummy.
The first time my husband and I wen to buy groceries after he came back, I suddenly stopped in front of the beef shelf. A voice talked to me in my mind “buy some beef and cook beef stew”. Then I bought beef. Haha.
I cooked tomato beef stew before. This time I’m gonna make a beef stew 2.0. 🙂
1. Cut beef into small cubes. Prepare 3 big rotten tomatoes. Cut a cross at the bottom. Soak in hot water for a little while. Peel them and chop into small dives.
2. Heat a pan. Oil in. Fry beef till brownish. Set them aside.
3. Same pan. Add in chopped 1/2 onion and 3 cloves of garlic. Sauté till aromatic. Add in tomato dice. Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper. Simmer a bit.
4. Transfer everything into a deep pot. Add all beef in. Pour in stock covers all ingredients. Also add in star anise, bayleaf, dried thyme. I also add in 1 tablespoon tomato sauce to make color brighter and 2 tsp sugar. Cover the lid. Simmer for 1 hour and a half. Trust me, your kitchen will be full of incredible smell.
5. Prepare 1 carrot and 2 small potatoes. Cut into small chunks. Add them into the pot. Simmer for another 30 mins.
6. Mix 2 tablespoon flour with water or stock till no lumps. Pour into the pot. Quickly stir evenly to make it rich and thick.
It’s perfect to go with rice or noodles. My husband really really loved it. He finished all rice in a great speed and kept saying yummy.
My husband is on a short trip to China. While I am home alone, I try to figure out some dishes that are simple and easy to cook. One-pot dish is always my first choice.
1. Prepare sausage (cut into slices), two tomatoes (peeled and chopped), one small chopped onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic, mixed vegetables, chicken stock (or water).
2. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add in sausage slices. Fry a bit till brownish.
3. Garlic and onion in. Sauté till aromatic.
4. Put all the tomato dice in. If you want it easier, you can also choose to use tomato purée. Sprinkle a little salt. Simmer tomato a bit till juice comes out.
5. Pour in chicken stock. Bring to boil.
6. Add in linguine or pasta you like. Cook for 7 mins.
7. Add in mixed vegetables and cook for another 3 mins.
In the last several mins, you can turn to the high heat to reduce the sauce.
Season with salt and black pepper.
1. Cut fish into slices or small chunks. Beat one egg in a bowl and prepare 1/2 cup corn starch in another bowl.
2. Dip fish in egg first and then in starch. Let them be coated with starch evenly.
3. Deep fry fish slices till golden brown. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add in chopped 1/2 onion, chopped 1 tomato, red capsicum, and yellow capsicum. Stir fry for 2 mins.
5. Add in 2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 2 tsp sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring the sauce to boil.
6. Add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
7. Put in fried fish slices. Stir fry to let fish be coated with sauce.
For the meatball recipe, please refer to:
I used the recipe of beef patty for beef burgers.
Sometimes, I like to make some extra meatballs and freeze for later use. It’s very convenient.
1. Heat some oil in the pan. Add in meatballs and bring to brown.
2. Add in 1 cup of chopped tomato. Stir fry a bit.
3. Pour in 250 ml stock and 1/2 cup milk. Sprinkle 1 tsp mixed herbs. Bring to boil. Then simmer for 15-20 mins.
4. Add in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
5. Stir to melt cheese and add in cooked pasta. Blend well.
6. Season with salt and black pepper.