I always think beef and onion are a good match. And it’s easy to cook.
1. Cut beef into evenly thin slices. Chop onion and bell pepper into medium pieces.
2. Marinate beef with some salt, light soy sauce, cooking wine and starch. Make sure each slice is coated with starch.
3. Heat the oil in the pan. ( a little more oil than usual)
4. Put beef slices in the pan. Keep stir frying till the beef’s color turn light and a little burnt.
5. Add in the chopped onion and bell pepper. Stir fry till they get cooked.
6. Add 1 tsp oyster sauce. Stir fry a little.
7. If it’s a little plain, add in some salt.
This dish is very common in China’s restaurants. And it’s not that hard to cook at home.
I found this amazing recipe on http://www.food.comIt’s also very easy and simple.
I made a little change according to it:
Cocoa powder 30g
Sugar 150g ( I already reduced sugar based on original recipe but still found it is very sweet.)
Procedure is almost same as original recipe:
1. Melt butter, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar.
2. Add in eggs. Stir well.
3. Pour into pie plate.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degree C, bake for around 30 mins. (After 30 mins, the edge is a little burnt, so I think maybe 25 mins is also fine.)
In the plate topped with some cream and fruits. It is very soft inside actually. Outside is a bit crunchy.
This is an easy and quick dish made of vegetables.
1. Chop pumpkin, garlic, celery, and carrot into small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in the pan. Put garlic in first.
3. Then the carrot and celery. Stir fry a little.
4. Pumpkin at last. Stir fry for around 2 minutes.
5. Then add in enough water that covers all the vegetables. Cover the pan with lid.
6. When the vegetables soften, use blender to smash them.
7. Put the smashed mixture of vegetables back into the pan. Heat it again. Because the smashed mixture is very condensed, you can add in some water.
8. Then add a little milk and salt. Keep stirring. It will be done once boiled again. After milk added in, the color will become a little lighter.
You can add a little herbs or spices you like.
And you can also make a little decoration for it. Just spread several milk drops onto the surface, and use a toothpick draw on it. Yeah, I’m not good at it. The white part I drew is not that beautiful.
The soup tastes great. The pumpkin I used is kind of sweet. Carrot and celery make it healthier.